We have been repeating this for a long time and we will repeat: the workflow is part of every job. Maybe we don’t even realize that the processes we handle daily can be described as such. And yet! Some shrug their shoulders, but for some, realizing this fact is a starting point for reflection on how to improve company processes. How about checking how the workflow works in SharePoint?
Let’s start again: what is workflow? We thoroughly explained this process in one of our earlier articles – What is workflow? Therefore, today we will only remind you:
We deal with workflow in every situation, when we perform some procedures in the workplace. Regardless of whether they are complicated or not, whether we wrote them down and made them available to employees, or maybe it is just a custom because in the company it has always been used in this way to submit vacation applications or transfer responsibilities. If we send documents, information, or participate in a larger process as part of our work – we are part of the workflow.
Now that we have the definition of workflow, we can think about how to improve it. Our answer is simple: DIGITALIZE, i.e. transfers to the intranet or the appropriate workflow management program.
First thought? SharePoint. The solution from Microsoft gives a lot of possibilities when it comes to organizing work.
Users can use the Microsoft Teams messenger, also from mobile devices. Security features are also more extensive. Microsoft 365 business versions were also given additional security. However, the two versions of Microsoft’s cloud solution are essentially the same.
In the form, simply enter:
– task name (marked in red),
– time range (yellow),
– responsible person (green)
– progress (purple),
– task description (gray),
– associated tasks (pink),
– priority (orange),
– status (blue).
The person responsible for a specific task can check whether it has been carried out, edit tasks, approve them, i.e. simply have full control over the workflow related to files placed on the intranet.
– electronic invoice flow – INAPS – with this solution we have helped to modernize and improve the circulation of documents in our client’s company. Invoices that the customer receives are sent to the system straight from the e-mail or scanner, then the employee responsible for them can describe them using the application, add a comment or give them to their supervisor. The program also allows easy segregation and search of invoices,
– a program for generating waybills for Toyota – CMR – instead of a complicated process of issuing waybills based on paper documents, we proposed to issue documents based on information already defined in the system. Example? If a driver delivering parts from a Toyota factory constantly covers a specific route, creating a waybill will require only a few clicks – all stops are already in the program. Modifying routes are also not difficult – we tried to make the program as user friendly as possible,
– application for submitting suggestions for improvement in the company – Kaizen – Toyota makes sure to constantly improve production, so they need to know the opinions of employees about the processes taking place in the company. Our solution – the electronic version of Kaizen – allows you to submit proposals from the intranet level, forward them to superiors, and monitor their implementation.
Optimized workflow is a chance for the company to:
Are you interested in this topic? In your company, could you use a workflow improvement?
Contact us – we know how to help you!